Now, you and your students have access to the same detailed intelligence reports on iOS devices as on our web application. Hooray!
Actionable, Skills-Based Reports in Students’ Hands
We know students are more accustomed to using smartphones than laptops, so we wanted to make sure they can gain access to their assignments, grades, and feedback from the iOS app.
Whether they are switching classes or riding the bus home from school, students will be able to access more detailed, skill-based feedback on their phones. With this knowledge in the palm of their hands, students can advocate for themselves by:
- Responding to their teacher’s feedback
- Asking questions
- Uploading revisions to assignments on the go
Standards Mastery reports allow students to have access to their data throughout a week, month, marking period, or school year, giving conferences a student powered turbo boost. Whether your students are doing a weekly check-in or you are having end of year conferences, Kiddom allows them to stay on top of their strengths and weakness all year long, wherever they are.
The new iOS upgrade provides students with the same access to their reports as the desktop version, so even on their way to a parent-teacher conferences, students can look over their reports and feel empowered to speak to their experience when the meeting takes place.
For students to gain an overall view of their progress in a specific course, they just need to tap on the “reports” menu at the bottom of the app. From there, students can view their standards mastery report by doing the following:
- After tapping on reports, students can tap “view more” to gain access to a standards tab.
- Tapping on one of the standards, students will be given a view of how they have progressed, over a given timeframe, on that specific standard. (note:the grey arrow on the chart indicates the previous data point)
- Swiping left and right on the standards card will take students through each of the standards they have been assessed on and see how their assignments correlate to the score.
4. Students can tap on any assignment in the timeline to see the details of the assignment, their submission, and any communication on the assignment.
Now when they conference with you or their parents about their progress they’ll be able to discuss their skills with evidence based responses. Pretty nifty, right?
Teachers, We Didn’t Forget about You
Let’s face it, even when we’re in line at the grocery store, our students can sometimes be on our minds. With the Kiddom iOS app, you’ll be able to access all the same detailed reports that you do on the web version. So whenever you have an “a-ha” moment about your students and their needs, you’ll be able to access everything you need directly from your iOS device.
- Tap on the reports icon on the bottom menu, to gain access to your reports.
- Tap on “view more”, and then on the standards menu and you’ll be brought to a swipeable list of standards.
- Want more? By tapping on one of the standards boxes in the standards tab, you’ll see an option to search the Kiddom content library! Now, you can assign material that both remediates struggling students and enriches those that need to move beyond the timeline.
Bonus: You can continue to leave feedback for your students even when you are away from your desk by tapping on an individual student’s report, navigating to their mini-timeline and clicking on the assignment for which you would like to leave comments.
Written by: Sarah Gantert, Success Specialist