How to dig deep into student performance on individual standards
As more and more teachers across the globe manage their classrooms using Kiddom, we’ve been thinking about how our reports can be even more actionable.
Simply put: we want teachers to be able to complete the instructional cycle for every student faster. And more efficiently. To do this, we believe teachers must need to be able to (1) investigate progress already made on specific standards/skills and (2) quickly act on it.
Well, we’re thrilled to announce this is now possible. Teachers, meet your new standard mastery reports and prepare to say, “Ooh la la…” 🤗
Standard Mastery Reports
To access your standard mastery reports, visit your reports page. Click on an individual standard from your reports to view a more detailed summary of your class performance on a specific standard.
- At the very top, you’ll see a more detailed description of the standard you clicked on
- Use the arrows next to this card to cycle between standards
- The first reporting metric, Class Average, shows your overall class average for this standard
- To the right, Class Average is distributed by mastery group
- Use the graph below this to track the performance of your class on this standard over time
- Sort the order of students by first name, last name, or by performance (e.g. sort by “lowest grade” to display students who need the most support first)
Individual Student Progress on Standards
From your standard mastery reports, scroll down and click on any student to open up individual student progress over time on specific standards.
- At the top, you’ll see a graph you can use to track the performance of this student (on this particular standard) over time
- Every assignment that is aligned to this standard (and assigned to that student) can be viewed here
- Clicking on an assignment will open that particular student’s submission (where you’re welcome to add additional feedback and/or comments)
Find Resources Directly From Your Reports
Remember the, “we want teachers to be able to complete the instructional cycle for every student faster” thing we mentioned?
- From your standard mastery reports, clicking “Find more assignments for this standard” will instantly open your resource library.
- Use our library to find and assign free teaching resources (videos, quizzes, activities, and more) based on the intelligence you obtain from your standard mastery reports
- Teaching resources here are meant to supplement/enrich instruction and offer teachers additional differentiation materials
Kiddom seamlessly connects the most critical aspects of teaching and learning on one platform.
For the first time, educators can share and manage digital curriculum, differentiate instruction, and assess student work in one place. Learners can take assessments online, see student performance data with the click of a button, and teachers have the insight and tools they need to create individual learning paths.
Ready to bring digital curriculum to your school or district?
Connect with us in a 15-minute meeting to learn more about available pre-packaged curriculum, and how the Kiddom education platform can support your learning community.